Friday, November 11, 2005
Can you smell . . .
I'm expanding my skills at Panera, working in the cafe sandwich line. It was rough at first, but I'm now getting the hang of it. The one drawback is that I leave work smelling like food. I could escape it when I was working as a cashier or in the bakery. I now have to immediately change my clothes and shower when I get home. I'm pretty rank right now.

I was thinking of my newly acquired scent the other night during our prayer meeting; we gather every Wednesday night to lift up Echo Church and this neighborhood in prayer. As I was praying, I was asking God that the people in this area might see Jesus alive in us and I went on to say, "And Father, as I leave work with the smell of Panera all over me, let all whom we encounter smell Jesus emanating from us."

At the time I might have thought I was being profound, but later I remembered that it was a thought that I stole it from the apostle Paul. He wrote in 2 Corinthians 2,

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?"


Hmmm, maybe Paul frequented the Panera in Rome. Good thoughts

* Yes, if you know me very well you know that, with the title of this post, I'm quoting the most electrifying man in sports entertainment today. Brilliant.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 4:38:00 PM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER