Sunday, October 16, 2005
"And it was good."
Echo Church is now more than a dream; it's a reality.

Aaron and I were running around northern Kentucky about two hours before the service was to start, in search of a projection screen. We never found one [not even at stinkin' Staples] so we ended up moving the screen from the fellowship hall into the sanctuary. Kudos to Tim Tucker who went above and beyond the call of duty getting the screen hung from the choir loft.

And we didn't have all the sound equipment we needed to get things done. We were short a microphone and some cords. Fortunately Dale lent us an XLR cord, but it was only six feet long, so I had to stay close to the sound board with my mic as I led worship with the guitar.

Despite those little speedbumps, things went well. Very well, if you ask me.

It was a simple service: a few songs, communion, and teaching. We talked a little bit of Genesis 1, describing the beginning of the world: that God spoke and things happened. The point we wanted to drive home this evening: this church will be about God and we will echo His Word[s]. I pray we can keep that in the forefront of all we do in the months and years to come.

There were about forty-five people there to help us kick things off. About half of those people were friends who were just visiting to show support; it meant a lot to us that they were there. Yep, next week we'll have less people there, but those people that are sticking with us for the long haul are fired up. It's going to be a fun ride.

I'm almost unsure of what to do next. For the past six or seven months we've been working towards October 16th as our kickoff; I've said "October 16th" hundreds of times. Now that it's come and gone, it's almost like I'm a little lost about what to do next. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

And let me say this really quickly: I love my wife. She's always had faith in us doing this. I yanked her from our cushy suburban life to the city to pursue "what could be." She's never doubted. I hope people understand what a huge part she's played in all of this. Echo couldn't have happened without her.

It was good. It was very good. And God is good. So good that I think we'll do it again next week. That sounds good.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 10:33:00 PM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER