Saturday, October 15, 2005
The Sun Will Come Out . . .
Tomorrow is the big day. As I've been saying all week, "It's going to happen," and it is. Yesterday and today were spent getting things together for Echo's first service. The video projector we've borrowed took a little extra work to get up and going, but we figured it out. We've hammered out an order of service [nothing too complicated]. We even have the bulletins printed out. I think we're ready to start this new chapter of our lives.

On the brink of this endeavor, I'm not too nervous. I've read/heard stories of church planters on the eve of their first service unable to sleep for fear that no one will show up. I can't relate; I don't feel that way at all. Not trying to be cocky, but I think I'll sleep well tonight. I know there'll be at least twenty people there tomorrow, and that's good enough for me.

Aaron and I were talking about it yesterday, but we're both rather Calvinistic in our church planting theology. God is going to bring the people who need to be brought to us. This is HIS church, not ours. He makes the plants grow, we'll do the harvesting.

Tomorrow morning I'm preaching at the Amelia Church, so I'll stay busy enough not to start thinking too much; I have a tendency to over analyze things, even though I'm not gripping yet. Aaron and Dorota will stop by early in the afternoon. We'll watch the Bengals get back to their winning ways against the Titans and then head over to Walnut Hills to get things set up.

Six-thirty is go time. We'll begin by teaching through the book of Genesis. I'm so stoked. I've been waiting my whole life for this day. We're starting a new church and I'm finally a preacher.

So maybe I won't sleep to well tonight.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 9:05:00 PM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER