Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Random Thoughts
Once again it's a Tuesday and I'm sitting in Panera, loving the Wi-Fi. I've been here since 7:30, enjoying my free time and the refillable beverages. I just realized that I really only have one more "Tuesday off" before I leave Christ's Church [because of Labor Day, I won't take a day off my last week]. I'm meeting Aaron for lunch in about an hour for lunch and there were a few random thoughts I wanted to share with you.

I'm addicted to reading other people's blogs. I've been able to fill a couple of hours reading blogs by religious/theological egg-heads. Really, y'all who read this should be thankful that I only get pensive every once in awhile. If I wrote some of the geeky stuff that some of these people write, you'd find other ways to occupy your time while searching the web.

Mozilla Firefox is cool. For some reason, Apple's Safari browser doesn't play well with Blogger. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox so I can blog without having to use html code. It's awesome because you can open multiple browsers in tabs at the top of the page. This way you can easily access numerous pages at the same time. I used to use it at church until we were banned because network administrators couldn't monitor it. There are a few rebels left at the church who have [against IT policy] Mozilla hidden on their computers. I refuse to rat them out [Minnie Clements!].

Diet Pepsi is horrible. How this beverage is still in existence bewilders me. That's the only bad thing about Panera: Pepsi products. Of course, if they had Diet Coke, I might never leave. Sure, I could drink Mountain Dew, but how healthy is that? I'm actually switching back in forth between tea and Diet Pepsi because it tastes so bad.

I pee alot when drinking caffeine. Sorry about the lewd nature of that statement, but it's the truth. I've had to use the bathroom three times this morning. Of course, with all the liquids I drank this morning [which I won't document for fear of being chastised by my wife] it makes perfect sense. Wait a minute, I'll be right back . . .

OK, that's better. Back to those thoughts:

Everything needs a charge. In anticipation of my day away from the house, I charged my cell phone, laptop and iPod. And I was afraid the rechargable batteries from the camera would die before I got Kelly's picture downloaded. If the power had gone out last night, I'd be screwed.

What are these people doing in the community room? I'm right next to that room at Panera that they let groups use. It's an ecclectic group of people of varying ages and sexes, all reading through some kind of notebook. It's not a book club and I can smell a Bible Study a mile away. I wonder if they're plotting out a world domination strategy. If so, I wouldn't mind joining their group.

That's all I have for now. I'll keep you posted.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 9:52:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER