Friday, August 19, 2005
O Me of Little Faith
I'll admit: I was doubting this morning.

We only have a little more than three weeks left here at Christ's Church. Then I'll have to be making money at some other jobs. I've filled out some applications and have a possible lead for a supply preaching gig but, as of this morning, I have nothing. I know I still have some time left to nail something down but in situations like this, I like to know ahead what I'll be doing. That's what happens when I have too much time to think.

With this on my mind, I walked out of the Johnson's house this morning. And I just happened to look up [which, unfortunately, I hardly ever do] and saw this:

Pretty cool.

Now usually when I see rainbows I think of finding the leprechaun at the other end, an 80's doll that lit up, or chewy candy that produces colorful spit. But this morning I actually thought of the spiritual application and the reason God gave us rainbows in the first place.

"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.'"
Genesis 9:12-15

No, I'm not worried about being flooded, but this still gave me some relief. The rainbow is a sign of God's grace, His caring about what happens in the world. And my current job concerns, albeit small in light of all the great problems in this world, are still important to God. It's funny that even though He has continually taken care of things throughout this entire process, I still need a reminder not to doubt.

Thanks God, it worked.

yet another musing of steve-o @ 8:25:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER