Monday, February 21, 2005
Just For The Taste Of It
At the end of my freshman year of college I weighed 185 pounds. I was preparing to play collegiate soccer the following fall so I decided to shed some pounds and get in shape. By the time I started school I was in the best shape of my life, weighing 155 pounds. Now I've fluctuated with my weight since then but I've never reverted to where I was at the beginning of college. Honestly, one of the main reasons I've kept the pounds off is this:

Diet Coke.

That summer I changed over to Diet Coke instead of regular Coke and it's made a huge difference. I drink pop like it's water [well I guess it actually IS water, but you know what I mean]. Regular pop is almost as fattening as beer. With the "just one calorie" factor Diet Coke has brought to my life, I can drink as much as I want and be OK. If Kelly and I are at the grocery store and Coke products are on sale [$1 per 2 Liter or lower is a great price] we'll buy 12 of them. And I know this might sound surreal, but I probably down 120 ounces of Diet Coke a day.

Usually when I tell people this, they respond by saying Diet Coke will give me cancer someday. I'm not sure what to think about that charge, especially because nothing like that has ever been proven. I think people just hate on DC because they don't like the taste of it. I'll have to admit, it took me a couple months to get used to it. But now that I am, I can't drink regular pop anymore; it's too syrupy.

Now my true addiction is the fountain Diet Coke. There's an incredible difference between bottled and the tap. I've seriously thought about installing a Diet Coke fountain in my house; it's on my to-do list before I die. Until then, I frequent different establishments across town getting 32 ounce shots of the good stuff. So here is my list of the best fountain Diet Cokes across the city. I refuse to rank them because each has their special something.

UDF- I usually stop at the one at the corner of Sociallville/Foster and Mason Montgomery once every day. If you bring in your old cup, a 32 ouncer only costs 85 cents.

McDonalds and Wendy's- some of the best Diet Coke on the market, but not as practical because it's more expensive. Especially Wendy's can be bothersome because they stuff way to much ice in there. If dining in at a fast food establishment, these are excellent choices for DC. I usually get two refills. Then I've made up for the price gap.

Speedway- these gas stations have the cheapest fountain in the city. In the summer you can snag 44 ounces for 74 cents.

Lone Star off Fields Ertle- I think their DC is next to the root beer, because you get a unique taste. Although Kelly hates the hybrid taste, it's a nice break from the norm.

Meijer, BW-3, Moes and Subway in Arbor Square- all these establishments have what I really enjoy: the ability to add Cherry Coke to the mix. Ever since the Coca-Cola Company started putting out Diet Cherry Coke, I've been hooked. And once I find a place that offers Diet Cherry Coke in pure fountain drink form, I'll be there all the time.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 11:35:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER