Thursday, February 24, 2005
Good Morning Dr.Falken. Would You Like To Play A Game?
I wish I was six years younger. Actually, strike that. That would suck. How about I wish I was still this age, but that I was born six years earlier [does that make any sense?]. Here's where I'm going with this . . .

I'm the webmaster of our church's website, sorta by default. When I arrived on staff here, our church's website hadn't been updated in about two years, so I took it upon myself to figure out how to do web editing. Here I am, two and a half years later, just about as clueless as I was then. As many of you know, websites are made from a programming code called html that you use to dictate how you want things to look on a web page. When you're done, it all looks like gibberish.

But unfortunately, I have no idea what any of it means. Here my friends, before all you people, allow me to come out of the closet:

I use Microsoft Frontpage to edit my website.

This is the techie equivalent of saying, "I need training wheels on my Harley," or "I can't go potty by myself." Frontpage is web management for dummies. All I do is insert pictures, change text, and totally ignore html code [I don't even have to look at it if I don't want to]. I was at a meeting about the church's website a few weeks ago and I rather sheepishly declared that I use Frontpage to edit. My admonition brought about giggles and rolled eyes from the group. I'm not quite sure
why so many people dislike the program so much. Sorry I'm not the man that you are! You can stick your shadow table where the sun don't shine for all I care! Sorry. Guess I'm a little bitter.

Anyway, that's why I wish I had been just a tad younger when websites started becoming so popular. I could've been on the cutting edge rather than on the edge needing to be cut off. They even teach html code in school now. Of all the junk they tried to teach me back then that's been useless in life, I could've used that kind of information. Instead I'm doomed to dwell in my purgatory of html ignorance.

Me and my Frontpage. She's all I got.


***postcript
I thought it would be cute to include some html code in this post to show what it looks like and to be funny. All it ended up doing was screwing up my blog. I still have no idea how I did it, further proving the point of this post.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 10:02:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER