Thursday, October 06, 2005
Press On
I don't have to be into work until 11:00 this morning, so I'm sitting here watching Good Morning America. Watching TV is what prompts me to ask you this question this morning . . .

Why are depression commercials so depressing?

I'm not making light of depression. It's a horrible disorder that people don't take seriously enough. But whenever I watch commercials advertising drugs for depression they have these people that should be happy moaping around, showing how depressed they are. I then start to relate to those people and wonder if I'm actually depressed. Of course I'm not, but the commercials almost convince me that I am.

If I was making a good depression commercial, I'd show a bunch of happy people playing in a field, jousting or something. I know the reason they make those commercials so depressing is so people having one bad day will misdiagnose themselves and demand that their doctor prescribe them the drug. But I just don't like it. That's just sad. And I thought Victoria's Secret commercials [no hyperlink available] were the only ones that I needed to change the channel from.

I'm going to get me a Diet Coke.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 8:22:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER