Sunday, May 01, 2005
Who doesn't want to marry a millionaire?
I missed this news story during the past couple of days, but find it interesting. A bride-to-be down in Atlanta was four days away from getting married in a huge ceremony. There were 14 bridesmaids and 14 groomsmen. The thirty-two year old lady was nervous about the wedding so she ran away. I'm sure this happens all the time, but this lady then calls her fiancee [and the police] falsely claiming she had been kidnapped. The people in the woman's hometown begin a huge search only to discover the hoax; she ran off to Vegas and ended broke in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Just a few thoughts, here. How encouraging would it be for the groom that your fiancee doesn't want to marry you so she runs away and fakes getting kidnapped? I mean, a note or an email saying "I just don't think I'm ready for this" would've been a little easier for the guy to take. I'm sure this incident will do wonders for his self-esteem. Fortunately for him, most of the focus will be on her and her loco-ness. I can understand wanting to back out of nuptials, but don't do it by involving local and state law enforcement officers. And how lit would you be if you were one of those 28 people in the wedding party? You know for a wedding that big the dress/tuxedo wasn't cheap. And since the ceremony never happened, they probably won't even get the little gift for participating. What a rip off!

You see, this goes to prove what I always tell the couples I counsel before weddings: communication is the key. You'd better get it right before you get married, otherwise your fiancee could fake a kidnapping. It happens.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 7:35:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER