Sunday, April 24, 2005
Let It Snow? Part 2
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this year, and I was ticked.

Just in case you didn't know, if that stupid groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd, there's supposed to be six more weeks of winter. This year he did. But I went back and checked the calendar and we're now twelve weeks removed from Groundhog's Day. So I'm rather confused that it's one week until May and there's snow on the ground.

So anyway, I'm usually out of the house by 7:00 on Sunday mornings. I like coming into church when everything is really quiet. And ususally this is the best time of year to do it with pristine spring mornings, soft sun rays peaking through the clouds, the sound of birds biding the day come as flowers and trees continue to bloom. And I stare out the window this morning, wearing a winter coat and a sweater, doing my best to stay warm. Kelly "changed over" her closet last week, packing away her winter clothes and bringing out the spring and summer attire. I didn't, so it was a piece of cake finding something appropriate to wear in these artic conditions.

I never considered myself to be one of those cold weather wussies, but apparently I am. I can handle the cold, but I prefer to wade into it rather than dive right in. And actually, it's not that cold out, but this stretch of warm weather we had makes it seem much colder than it really is. If it was January and we had this kind of weather, it'd be no big deal. But give me this stuff after a few gorgeous weeks of spring and I get downright bitter.

Stinkin' freezing weather. Makes you want to choke a groundhog, doesn't it?
yet another musing of steve-o @ 7:14:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER