Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Home Bodies
This article in today's Enquirer jumped out at me because we're currently hanging at my parents' place until the condo is done [it's almost there, stopped by to see it this morning and floors, fixtures, and painting is all complete]. There's a trend developing of twenty-somethings moving back in with their parents after college. During the past three years I spent as a college-age minister I witnessed it first hand. There used to be a stigma attached to moving back in with your parents. That viewpoint is quickly evaporating as more parents want their kids to come home again. You have no idea how happy my mother is that we're spending even a couple of weeks here; you'd think she won the lottery.

It'll be interesting to see how this trend plays out in the years to come. In essence, it's a return to the family-centric attitude that's been absent from American society until the past thirty or so years. It seems that this next generation will depend on their family to get them through.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 11:14:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER