Wednesday, December 08, 2004
My Coat Of Not-so Many Colors
So even though I enjoy some excesses in life, I'm pretty cheap. One area in which I've refined my frugality is winter coats. Yes, I remember wanting the Top Gun fighter jacket with all the cool patches on it [of course, my brother Tim had one but not I], but really, why spend a ton of money on a coat when you only wear it outside and for five months out of the year? Perhaps this is why I rejoiced when I came across Steve and Barry's University Sportswear in the revamped Cincinnati Mills. I bought a navy blue coat from there last year for only ten dollars. I liked it so much, in fact, that I decided to purchase another one this year- the same style of coat but the black version [for those of you who are fashion impaired like I am, I discovered a few years ago that it's a no-no to match your blacks and navy blues]. For just one Alexander Hamilton, I can stay warm all winter.

But there is one drawback: the coats that they sell have a certain odor to them. The good news is that it wears off, but it does take a few weeks. It's a difficult smell to nail down, but I would say that it most reminds me of motor oil. In our animal friendly day, the question is often asked, "How many animals died to make my coat you're wearing?" My answer to that would be, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that they all perished as a result of the Exxon Valdez accident."

So for you math majors: cheap coat+offensive scent = I'm still happy anyway. So if you're around me anytime soon, bear with me as my coat sheds its smell. At least it gives me something to blame.
yet another musing of steve-o @ 8:56:00 AM  
-->

Here Am I


steve-o
Cincinnati, Ohio

I am disciple. I am husband. I am father. I am pastor. I am friend. I am Cincinnatian. I am westside. I am thirty [plus five]. I am what I am. I am Spartacus.

THE HOUSE OF CARR
BEIT CARR DISCLAIMER
The Wife's Blog
Beit Carr Myspace
Beit Carr Flickr

Recent Ramblings
Yes, I Wrote All This
Dork Buttons
Sites Me Likes
Play On, Playa'
Promotional Considerations

15n41n1

Echo

BLOGGER